Job Opportunity - Technology Services Assistant
SDI is an inclusive, global learning community that advocates for and celebrates the service of spiritual companionship, also known as spiritual direction, spiritual accompaniment, and spiritual guidance.Our work supports, educates and connects spiritual companions, spiritual directors, life coaches, chaplains, health care workers, and many other friends, providing a deep listening community where companions can find one another. We share and advocate for universal human values of love, compassion and respect, with over six thousand members on six continents.
SDI is looking to hire one to two Technology Services Assistants who will attend to and support the computer technology needs of our online events, educational offerings, and community gatherings, including our first fully virtual conference in April 2021. The role requires solid IT computer skills, organizational, communication, and problem solving skills, and the desire to offer good customer service. The ideal candidate will grow into the position as s/he builds the necessary skills, based on a solid foundation of technical aptitude and customer service.
The positions are temporary (3-6 months), part-time (20 hours/week) with the potential to become permanent. This work can be performed from home/remotely.
· Troubleshoot member issues with website via phone/email/Zoom (logins and passwords, Website Profile display, purchasing/renewing Memberships, general website navigation).
· Create and update products in WooCommerce, attaching files for download, duplicating products, etc.
· Provide support and coordination of all activities related to an online “virtual” SDI event (create Zoom meetings, update hyperlinks, upload any associated PDFs and files, correspond with hosts, facilitators, other people who purchase product).
· Create Events in SDI’s Online Events Calendar (upload image, paste description, and link to Product).
· Provide Zoom video conferencing support – set up Meetings and Webinars, host calls, assist participants with getting into meetings, monitor a/v and mute of all participants, monitor chat.
· Coordinate tracking of issues and resolutions (webinar/workshops, Website Functionality and Debug).
· Provide Office365 support – staff e-mails, OneDrive, MS Office. troubleshooting.
· Provide basic tech support to SDI Staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Strong customer service – gentle, patient touch assisting our members.
· Understanding in providing support via phone and e-mail (tier 1 / tier 2 technical support)
· Understanding of basic computer components, particularly as they pertain to web/video conferencing (webcams, microphones).
· Writing how-to documentation utilizing screen captures.
· Experience working with a member-based WordPress website – logging in, managing accounts, controlling access to resources.
· Digital asset management and file management a must – understanding file types, folder navigation.
· Working with cloud storage, website hosts.
The following Skills and Tasks are not required, but the ideal candidate would be interested in learning and growing into some combination of these:
Online and Social Media Coordination
· Post on Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, FB with appropriate hashtags and links
· Actively engage with users on these platforms (reply, favorite, retweet/share relevant links)
· Moderate forums/discussion groups on SDI website and Facebook
· Collaborate and assist with sending email campaigns/newsletters in Mailchimp
· Upload videos to YouTube/Vimeo
· Upload podcast episodes
· Monitor and verify server backups/restores
· Provide security oversight for website – monitor firewall, security alerts, best practices.
· Update plugins, software, and coordinate with database manager to keep systems up-to-date.
· Provide performance and optimization oversight for website.
· Provide SEO and search optimization.
Highly Desirable Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· WordPress and WooCommerce administration and maintenance
· Ability to read and work with HTML/CSS/PHP
· Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Audition, and Premiere a plus.
· System Administration – server administration, SFTP, PHP, working with cloud storage, website hosts.
· Basic understanding of Marketing and marketing concepts
· Social Media platforms and Mailchimp familiarity
· Online video streaming (multiple streams of varying content simultaneously)
Part-time: Hours negotiable. Office is based in Bellevue, Washington, USA, but due to COVID-19 we are all currently working remotely.
Compensation: dependent on experience
Standard criminal background check will be conducted.
All are welcome to apply. SDI is deeply committed to a diverse workforce.
No telephone calls, please.
To Apply – Please attach a cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position, as well as a current Résumé, via the form below: