Perhaps you’re wondering – just what is an SDI Community?
It’s an SDI-sponsored, locally-run group of spiritual companions. These people gather either regionally, or based on a shared commonality, on a regular basis to connect, support one another, network, share contemplative time and practice new skills in spiritual care. An SDI Community can operate anywhere in the world.
Let us know if you’d be interested in joining an SDI Community and we will connect you. You can email our Communities Coordinator, Larry J Morris III, here: [email protected]
- Spiritual directors and companions who identify as LGBTQIA+
- BIPOC identifying (Black, Indigenous, People of Color)
- Formation Training and Educators
- New Contemplatives (if you’ve been a part of an SDI Conference in any of the New Contemplatives cohorts)
- Greater Boston area
- Washington D.C. and Mid-Atlantic States
- Heartland States
- Coast Florida
- Pacific Northwest
SDI Communities Coordinator
Larry J Morris III
Larry J. Morris III (he/they) supports SDI Communities through providing connection, encouragement, and logistical support. They are currently completing a PhD program in the African American Preaching and Sacred Rhetoric program at Chrisitan Theological Seminary (Indianapolis, IN). Their research focus is the intersection of Blackness, Queerness, and Sacred Rhetoric. Larry also has earned dual Master of Divinity and Master of Theological Studies degrees at Claremont School of Theology.