Job Opportunity - TEMP Membership Services Coordinator Assistant
Are you comfortable in fast moving environment, possess exceptional administrative skills, and are passionate about a diverse and growing membership of spiritual companions and directors around the globe? Are you quick on your feet, calm under pressure, and looking to build your career? In this position, the right person will attend to the needs of SDI members, all while promoting contemplative practices and spiritual companionship around the world and across traditions.
Spiritual Directors International inspires and connects seekers with spiritual guidance and counseling. With seven thousand members on six continents, SDI supports a multi-faith community of spiritual companions and journeyers through educational programs, publications, and resources.
The primary function of this position will be supporting our Membership Services Staff for our upcoming Virtual Conference to be held in April 2021. Position would start immediately.
The membership support specialist will attend to the needs of spiritual companions and directors with their memberships and related activities. The role requires excellent administrative, organizational, communication, and problem solving skills, the ability to meet deadlines, and a superior customer service aptitude.
- Field member telephone calls.
- Membership e-mail management.
- Data entry. (Excel and Database)
- Forms maintenance: profiles, updates, and subscriptions.
- Other tasks as required.
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel, and Word, and a CRM system required.
- Experience with WordPress. or similar Database management systems, a plus.
- Familiarity with Skype, or Zoom required.
- Prior experience in a staff support function required.
- Excellent, administrative, organizational and communication skills.
- Prior customer service experience required.
- Ability to take full responsibility for deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Ability to thrive on a small nonprofit team in an ambitious and contemplative environment.
- Professional and encouraging demeanor, able to work effectively as an individual as well as with a diverse, international team with many volunteers. Demonstrates excellent work ethic. Must be dependable, self-motivated, poised, and professional.
- Background in spirituality and desire to work in a spiritual environment would be very helpful, but not required. Multi-faith respect is required.
- Multilingual is helpful, but not required.
- AA degree preferred but not required.
Time, Location, Salary, Application Instructions
Part-time: M–F, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Office is based in Bellevue, Washington, USA, but we are all working remotely.
Salary: dependent on experience
Standard criminal background check will be conducted.
All are welcome to apply. SDI is deeply committed to a diverse workforce.
Job starts immediately. No telephone calls.
Job Type: Part-time
Preferred education: Associate’s Degree
To apply: Use the form below. Make sure to upload a Cover Letter and Resume. Thank you for your interest!